Saturday, August 10, 2019
Players will compete in a 3-round tournament with pairings managed by the local Tournament Organizers.
- All lists for the GT must follow the standard ITC format. In essence, 2000 points matched play.
- List Set up:
- Lists must be....
- You must have several copies of your army list at the event and be ready to provide this list to your opponents if they request it.
- Make sure to have all relevant codecies and rules on hand as well.
- Lists must include
- Your name
- Your faction (don't make us calculate it)
- Players need not specify whether they are purchasing or allocating any additional Relics, Warlord traits, or any other benefits gained from stratagem-based upgrades.
- Lists must be....
- The tournament will use Games Workshop Matched Play Eternal War missions in the Warhammer World style. The missions will be chosen at random as will the deployment types. All players will use the same deployment type for each round of the tournament and no deployment type will be duplicated throughout the day.
- Players are required to use chess clocks for their games. The event organizers have physical chess clocks for a most tables, but players should also be prepared by downloading a chess clock app on their smartphones.
The battle scoring for each game will be based on how much you win your game by. The more points you have than your opponent, the better your battle score will be.
For Best Overall, your Battle Points will be factored into a relativity equation so that they have the same impact as Appearance and Sportsmanship.
The player with the best appearance score will win Best Appearance with tiebreakers being decided by the players voting for favorite army.
Maximum Appearance score for the tournament: 20pts
For Best Overall, your Appearance score will be factored into a relativity equation so that it has the same impact as Battle Points and Sportsmanship.
All models must be painted. Conversions are allowed; proxies are not. Check out our rubric and hobby requirements for more info. Note there are new guidelines for 2019, so GSC veterans should take note of these changes.
At the end of the tournament, each player will offer a vote for Favorite Opponent and a Second-Favorite Opponent. Each Favorite Opponent vote is worth 5 points and each Second Favorite Opponent vote is worth 3 points. Each player also receives 5 points if no complaints are lodged against them throughout the tournament.
Maximum Sportsmanship score for the tournament: 30pts. Check out our rubric and hobby requirements for more info.
For Best Overall, your Sportsmanship score will be factored into a relativity equation so that it has the same impact as Battle Points and Appearance.
We will be linking players Battle Points, Sportsmanship and Appearance scoring for the two tournaments this summer. This will give us a running score of our local players and how they did in events over the summer. This will give us a good idea of how to create a consistent league and score tracking system moving forward.