Players will compete in 5 rounds with pairings managed by the Best Coast Pairings app. Players may drop at any time; tables will be available at all times for casual games.
- All lists for the GT must follow the standard ITC format.
- All lists for the GT must be submitted through this website by January 14. A link to the submission form will be sent to attendees after they register. Players who do not submit their list will score 0 points in their first game. Feel free to also add your list to the BCP app, but we will not be checking that app at all for lists.
- Please help us check lists if you have time. You can do this by going to the listing page and clicking on the individal lists. If you see a problem, leave a comment under the list submission. Thanks!
- All players must bring at least 7 paper copies of their list for their opponents.
- The tournament will use the ITC Champion's Missions.
- Players are required to use chess clocks for their games. The event organizers have physical chess clocks for a most tables, but players should also be prepared by downloading a chess clock app on their smartphones.
Using the ITC Champion's missions, maximum Battle Points for the tournament are 210. The Best General winner will be the undefeated player with the most battle points.
For Best Overall, your Battle Points will be factored into a relativity equation so that they have the same impact as Appearance and Sportsmanship.
The player with the best appearance score will win Best Appearance with tiebreakers being decided by the players voting for favorite army.
Maximum Appearance score for the tournament: 20pts
For Best Overall, your Appearance score will be factored into a relativity equation so that it has the same impact as Battle Points and Sportsmanship.
All models must be painted. Conversions are allowed; proxies are not. Check out our rubric and hobby requirements for more info. Note there are new guidelines for 2019, so GSC veterans should take note of these changes.
At the end of the tournament, each player will offer a vote for Favorite Opponent and a Second-Favorite Opponent. Each Favorite Opponent vote is worth 5 points and each Second Favorite Opponent vote is worth 3 points. Each player also receives 5 points if no complaints are lodged against them throughout the tournament.
Maximum Sportsmanship score for the tournament: 30pts. Check out our rubric and hobby requirements for more info.
For Best Overall, your Sportsmanship score will be factored into a relativity equation so that it has the same impact as Battle Points and Appearance.