- All models must be WYSIWYG. Conversions and counts-as are welcome, but proxies are not allowed. We strongly recommend using the model approval tool to upload pics of your counts-as and conversions to avoid any unfortunate issues the day of event. Again, blatant proxies are not allowed.
- All models must be painted to a 3-color minimum and must be based with at least one material or be a scenic base. Unpainted and underpainted models will not be allowed at the event. Use the Warhammer World painting guidelines to get an idea of what we are looking for. Again, use the model approval tool in case you're concerned.
- Players are welcome to view and comment on any and all submitted photos.
- New to 2019: Instead of docking points for using unpainted models and proxies, your models will be removed from play. Please abide by our guidelines.
Below are 20 questions that capture effort and skill. The first 10 involve painting/brush skills. The second 10 involve hobby, visual composition and theme. Next to each criteria will be a check box. The number of checks should translate to painting points at the individual event and for ITC hobby rankings. A modifier on the points will be applied as normal for the size of the event and their appearance rank at the event.
- Is the majority of the army painted?
- Is the army Fully Painted (no primer showing)?
- Are details such as grenades, buckles, claws etc. painted across the entire army?
- Is the majority of the army shaded and or highlighted?
- Are squad markings or unit identifiers present over the majority of the army?
- Are squad markings or unit identifiers present over the entire army?
- Is the entire army based?
- Are advanced details like eyes, gems, rivets, bone shards/teeth and lenses painted across the entire army?
- Are advanced techniques like OSL, Weathering, Camouflage, Glowing, NMM or Freehand present?
- Are advanced techniques like OSL, Weathering, Camouflage, Glowing, NMM or Freehand over the majority of the army present?
- Are multiple elements and features visible/painted on the bases for a majority of the army?
- Are there examples of kitbashing or conversion work present in the army?
- Are there examples kitbashing of conversion work present for the majority of the army?
- Were all the mold lines removed and gaps filled over the majority of the army?
- Are advanced hobby materials used like plasticard and greenstuff?
- Is a display board and/or a printed original story (background) present for the army?
- Is the basing consistent across the entire army and/or match the display or story?
- Is there a distinctive centerpiece model that stands out from the rest such as the Warlord or focal point for the army?
- Are all squad leaders, lords, heroes, captains, brain bugs or nobs, etc. distinctive and easily identifiable?
- If everything was checked above check this box too – This army represents a cohesive force indicative of the 40k universe